Happy 9 months to Chloe! Here is an update on her latest growth and devolopment.
- 18.8 lbs
- 27.5 inches
- 12+ month clothes
- Size 3 diapers
Chloe is still generally a happy baby. She is very curious and love exploring new corners of our house. She’s the smiliest and squishiest thing! She finds comfort in familiar people- but prefers mom over everyone else.
- Fully crawling- with tummy off the ground
- Walking along the furniture
- Walking assisted with wheeled walkers
- Increased fine motor skills to pick up small food items
- Gives “fives” by clapping our hand
- Playing gentle “tug of war” with Koda
- Says “mama”, “dada”, and “numm”
- Makes a vibration noise with her lips
- Everything goes in her mouth
- Transferring toys from hand to hand
- Learning that books turn pages and some have textures
- Gently pets puppy with open hand (sometimes)
- Can roll from laying to sitting
- Knows her name
- Highly attentive to music and singing- she stands up to play the piano
- I breastfeed her about 5 times a day still, but they are shorter sessions.
- She is getting at least 2 “food” meals a day which usually means one purée meal and one simple/soft food meal. (Breakfast and dinner usually)
- She also usually gets like 2 snacks a day one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Snacks include things like cereal or crackers.
- She enjoys feeding herself. She’s started drinking from her own water cup and I can tell she feels like a big girl by doing so.
- Her favorite foods lately include macaroni noodles, cucumbers, graham crackers, and any purées with chicken in it.
- Koda loves to clean up under her chair haha.
- Chloe has been sleeping great at night. She pretty much sleeps from 7pm to 7 am now.
- Naps are hit or miss. These days I really can’t count on more than 2 naps that are only like 20 minutes long.
- Car rides are getting tougher now that she’s so alert and sleeps less during the day.
- Played out in the snow for the first time
- Standing up and playing piano
- Walking with walker
- Watching a Disney princess show with mom
- Playing with or chasing the puppy
- Mac & cheese
Thanks for following along with Chloe’s development. We are looking forward to Chloe turning 1 in just a few months!