Happy 7 months to Chloe! Here is an update on her latest growth and devolopment.
- 18 lbs
- 27 inches
- 9-12 month clothes
- Size 3 diapers
Chloe was really sad and loud for a few days while she cut her bottom two teeth, but overall continues to be a happy, playful, and curious baby. She is learning to communicate by mimicking our sounds, or grunting to get our attention. She also gets in giggly moods which is the cutest thing in the whole world.
- Army crawling- she can get anywhere she wants to in just a few minutes
- Will crawl across the room towards something interesting (usually Koda or the Christmas tree)
- Grabs at anything and everything
- Plays best sitting up- sits for several minutes on her own
- Increased awareness when we leave the room or return
- Recognizes familiar faces and smiles
- Hypersensitive to sound and will look for the source, especially chimes or music
- Likes to make noises by shaking and banging things around
- Can support her weight while standing and jumping, but still needs our help for balance
- Smiles and giggles when playing peek-a-boo
- Breastfeeding for most of her nourishment about 5 times a day or so, I don’t really keep track.
- I try to feed her purées at least 4 times a week for dinner- her favorites has been apple chicken, and carrots.
- We sneak her a little bit of soft foods from our plate like eggs or mashed potatoes. She even enjoyed a taste of yams at thanksgiving.
- Had the worst few nights waking up every hour while cutting teeth
- Now sleeping from 7:30pm to about 7:30am and only occasionally I wake her up for a night feeding if i think she needs it.
- Usually has 2 or 3 naps a day. One morning nap about that lasts about an hour at 10am, and one afternoon nap around 2pm that can be like 2 or 3 hours long. Depending on the length of those naps sometimes she will take another short one in the afternoon or early evening.
- Now she always sleeps in her crib in her own room.
- Cut her first two teeth
- Her first Thanksgiving
- Possibly the longest time spent away from mom- while I went to a Christmas party and worked on etsy orders.
- Met (COVID safe) Santa at Cabellas
- Apple chicken purée
- Playing with measuring spoons
- Dumping out the toy basket
- Playing with and watching Koda
- Sitting in the bumbo
- Playing with her little cousins
Thanks for following along with Chloe’s development. We are looking forward to her first Christmas in a few weeks.